Dr. Allen Groff EMD Scholarship
The Dr. Allen Groff EMD Scholarship was established in 2001 to recognize Telecommunicators in the Denco Area 9-1-1 District who have a special interest in emergency medical dispatch.
This year, the Denco Area 9-1-1 District Board of Managers intends to grant two scholarships for a telecommunicator to attend the annual NAVIGATOR Emergency Dispatch Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, April 12-14. Please review information on the Navigator conference at www.emergencydispatch.org.
The Dr. Groff EMD Scholarship is awarded by the Denco Area 9-1-1 District Board of Managers and includes the following:
- Full Registration - Registration to the Navigator conference includes the opening gala reception, all regular conference sessions, the exhibit hall, two box lunches and the closing awards luncheon.
- Flight - Roundtrip flight for the scholarship recipient between Dallas, Texas and New Orleans, LA along with transportation to and from the conference hotel.
- Hotel -Lodging for four nights at the conference hotel.
The scholarship recipient or their agency is responsible for the cost of transportation to the DFW airport, parking and meals that are not part of the conference package.
Scholarship eligibility criteria:
- Telecommunicator in good standing for at least one year at the current agency.
- Certified EMD for a minimum of one year.
- Willingness to attend all three days of conference scheduled for April 12 – April 14 and actively participate in educational sessions.
- Willingness to share information from the conference with other Denco Area 9-1-1 District agencies in the form of Continuing Dispatch Education, within 6 months of returning from the Conference. This can be accomplished by teaching a class at Denco, developing a written exercise for others to use, writing an article for the Lightning Bolt or developing a training exercise using an audio/visual tool.
- Previous award winners may apply three (3) years after their award year, provided they fulfilled their commitment to CDE training.
If you have any questions, need an application sent directly to you or require additional information, please contact Jennifer Baker at email@example.com.
In order to apply, candidates must complete the scholarship application and attach a letter of interest. Applications must be received at Denco via mail, email, fax or delivery by Friday, February 10, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by March 1st. Scholarships will be presented at the March 9th Board of Managers meeting.