Public Education & Outreach
Denco 9-1-1 not only coordinates and maintains the emergency telecommunications systems in our service area — we also play an active role in educating local school children, neighborhood groups, and community members about the proper use of 9-1-1. Denco 9-1-1 conducts a variety of public awareness programs, including:
- Summer Safety programs for elementary students at the end of the school year
- Communicating with local media outlets about timely 9-1-1 topics
- Participating in community events and distributing information on the proper use of 9-1-1
- Informing the public about current and future system capabilities
- Arranging visits by 9-1-1 mascots to spread the word about 9-1-1
If you have questions about emergency 9-1-1 service in and around Denton County, be sure to check out the 9-1-1 tips, frequently asked questions, and community resources outlined on this page.
- If possible, get to a safe location before dialing. If you are calling to report a fire, exit the burning structure before calling.
- Try to stay calm; speak clearly.
- State what help you need: police, fire or EMS/ambulance.
- State your address, or describe your location as completely as possible using cross streets or landmarks.
- Answer all questions.
- Stay on the line — do not hang up until the operator says it’s OK.