Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates from Denco 9-1-1 for deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired callers.
We respect your privacy.
Text to 9-1-1 Tips
Citizens who find themselves in an emergency situation and unable to make a voice call to 9-1-1 should remember these steps:
- Don’t text and drive
- In the first text message send the location and type of emergency.
- Text in simple words – Send a short text message without abbreviations or slang.
- Be prepared to answer questions and follow instructions from the 9-1-1 call taker.
- Photos and videos cannot be sent to 911 at this time.
- Text-to-911 cannot include more than one person.
- Do not send your emergency text to anyone other than 9-1-1.
- Voice calls to 9-1-1 are always the best and fastest way get help.
Text-to-911 service is not available everywhere and is subject to the same limitations and challenges as all wireless calls. If you do not receive a text response from 9-1-1, try to contact 9-1-1 another way.